If you are bored of using black and brown eye liners and afraid to try colored ones (you definitely do not want to look over the top in office or on casual meets) then grey is a great option to try. It is not the first time I am trying grey liner. I have Elle 18 Eye Sparklers in Gun Powder which I love a lot for using on my lower lash line to create soft smokey looks. As much as I loved the color of the eye sparkler, I was disappointed by the staying power! When I tried NYX Slide On Eye Pencil, I was super impressed by its formula but I was really not sure of its staying power. Let me spill the beans as the review is positive so read it till the end *smiles*. It costs Rs 825 and you can BUY ONLINE on Nykaa!
The full ingredient list is mentioned on the pencil itself!
It is easy to carry and hold!
Swatch of NYX Slide On Eye Pencil in Gun Metal
Gun metal is a metallic dark grey color and looks fabulous when used individually or paired with dark colors. The formula is very soft and creamy and you get true color in just a single swipe. It is the best eye pencil I have tried after Colorbar I Glide Pencil. I particularly use this eye liner on my upper and lower lashes and i then smudge it using a smudger to get a soft look. You can even use it as an eye shadow base!
I wore this when I went for outing to test its longevity. I left my place at 9am and was back at 11pm and the eye liner was intact with no smudging or fading. I am really really impressed by its longevity. I am not sure about other shades but gun metal is definitely a color I would recommend to everyone. It would suit all eye colors and skin tones. Despite being creamy, it does not break whilst application.
I wore this when it was pouring heavily in Hyderabad and guess what it is perfectly WATERPROOF. it did not make me look like a panda!
- Comes sealed so you know you are getting a brand new product!
- Very pigmented!
- Creamy formula!
- Superb staying power!
- Can be used as eye liner and eye shadow base!
- You can create many soft and intense smokey looks using this eye liner!
- A bit pricey!
- You need to sharpen the pencil to get precise line!
- Do not apply it on waterline as eye liners are not meant to be used on waterline!
- If you want soft smokey look, blend it with a smudger brush!
- You can use it as an eye shadow base!
- Remove it with a good makeup remover (it is waterproof) before hitting the bed!
Do you like grey colored eye liners?