I believe I am the last person on earth to try Lakme Kajal. I had been so obsessed with my Maybelline Colossal Kajal that I literally did not feel the need to try another kajal. Lakme Kajal was a part of my makeup gifts that I got in my shagun from my in-laws. Honestly you get lots of pampering and gifts when you get engaged *laughs*. As soon as I swatched it on my hands, I was pretty impressed by its rich pigmentation. Lakme kajal is priced at 55 INR and you can buy online HERE.
I still remember, as a kid I used to sharpen my mom’s Lakme Kajal. It used to come as a grey, chubby pencil. Lakme Kajal has been popular since many decades. This version is a glossy, black, chubby pencil with a clear lid.
The formula of the kajal is soft and smooth and glides easily on my waterline. I absolutely love the pigmentation of the kajal. I need only 2 swipes to get rich and dark color. It instantly brightens up my eyes and gives it a nice depth. Considering the price, I do not expect much from this kajal. It stays only few hours on my waterline and tends to smudge. To prevent it from smudging, I apply a powder eye shadow or loose powder under my lower lash lines. The kajal gets accumulated at the inner corners that I absolutely hate. I do not have much watery eyes but I believe it will smudge and accumulate within an hour if you have very watery eyes. I use it only when I need to step out the house for a short time. It definitely needs retouching throughout the day!
• Travel friendly packaging. The cap does not tend to lose.
• Superb formula. It glides like a dream!
• Rich pigmentation.
• Makes eyes look deep and beautiful.
• Smudges easily.
• The kajal accumulates at the inner corners of eyes.
• Needs reapplication!
• Sharpening leads to lots of wastage of product.
• Apply an eye shadow below your lower lash line to prevent kajal from smudging.
• Though I do not use this trick but I read somewhere that you can apply black powder eye shadow over your kajal to prevent it from smudging.
Have you used Lakme Kajal? What is your favorite kajal?